- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup cold water
- In a small bowl, combine the Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two patties. In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown patties on each side.
- In a small bowl, combine gravy mix and water until smooth. Pour over patties. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Salisbury Steaks With Gravy
Sort By :
my husband and I really liked this recipe. I did add onion to pan, as well as 1/4 cup bread crumbs & l egg to meat before forming patties. I used the whole packet of gravy mix, which is twice what is called for. Sukie
It was really good but the ground beef needed a little more seasoning. I added sauteed onions to the gravy mixture. It was outstanding.
This was really tasty, although, I did not follow the gravy step as it read. I made two packs of gravy mix in a sauce pan and added canned mushrooms to that. When the burgers were browned, I poured the gravy over the meat and cooked as the directions stated. The extra gravy went over the mashed potatoes. I used Idahoan instant potatoes, just add water! Also, because we eat lean buffalo (or any lean meat) I added one egg and 1/4 cup panko, shaped my patty's and let them sit in the fridge for awhile before browning. This would be a great do ahead step the night before.
This is YUM! Soooooo quick and easy. I usually use two packets of gravy mix and one cup of water for extra gravy. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this recipe!
Delish, & so quick & easy. Thinking about adding fresh mushrooms & onions the next time.