Roasted Red Pepper Bisque Recipe
- 8 medium sweet red peppers
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups chicken broth, divided
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Broil peppers 4 in. from the heat until skins blister, about 5 minutes. With tongs, rotate peppers a quarter turn. Broil and rotate until all sides are blistered and blackened. Immediately place peppers in a large bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Peel off and discard charred skin. Remove stems and seeds; set peppers aside.
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender; cool slightly. In a blender, combine the onion mixture, 2 cups broth and roasted peppers; cover and process until smooth. Return to the pan.
- Stir in cream and remaining broth; heat through (do not boil). Stir in salt and pepper. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Roasted Red Pepper Bisque in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p99
Reviews for Roasted Red Pepper Bisque
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 15, 2013
I made this recipes and everybody loved it. I did however add raw rice at the start of the cooking process. Also fresh garlic and a little bit of crushed red pepper as well. Delicious!