Mushroom Tomato Bisque
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup tomato paste
- Pinch sugar, optional
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Place tomatoes cut side down in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Brush with 3 tablespoons oil. Combine garlic, salt, basil, oregano and pepper; sprinkle over tomatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 20-25 minutes or until edges are well browned.
- Cool slightly. Place tomatoes and pan drippings in a blender. Cover and process until blended; process 1 minute longer.
- In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in remaining oil for 5-8 minutes or until tender. Stir in broth, tomato paste, sugar if desired and tomato puree. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in cream. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 401 calories, 35g fat (13g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 684mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Sep 20, 2014
Tastes like a tomato and mushroom pasta sauce
Nov 13, 2012
I made this for the first time last year and have been making weekly since. I love it!! The only thing I changed was instead of chicken broth I use vegetable broth by kitchen basics. Whoever you are who came up with this must be a amazing cook. Thanks!!!!
Sep 18, 2011
i didn't like it. i love tomato soup and i love mushroom soup - but i didn't like the combination of the 2.
Jun 21, 2010
So simple and delicious. I make this quite often and enjoy it every single time.
Sep 18, 2009
This is the first thing my husband cooked for me, and we both LOVE it! I use low sodium broth to keep the salt down, and serve it up with a loaf of freshly baked bread!
Jul 12, 2009
This soup is amazing and easy to make
Nov 29, 2008
This soup is so delicious.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.