Herbed Tomato Bisque
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 35 min.
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, dill and oregano until blended; gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the tomatoes, parsley, honey, salt and pepper. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Stir in cream; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 187 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 850mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 24, 2019
Just OK for me. A little on the bland side. I followed the recipe exactly. Next time I may add more dill and parsley, plus possibly some basil and garlic. It was fast and easy to make and could be adapted for either the slow cooker or instant pot.