Roasted Pork Loin with Fig Sauce Recipe
Roast pork with fruit is a classic preparation, but this recipe gives it a superb twist when pork loin is paired with tender figs. Family and friends will be thrilled with the wonderful combination.Rian Macdonald, Powder Springs, Georgia
- 1 pound dried figs, quartered
- 1 cup sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium lemon, sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat. Cover and steep for 1 hour. Strain figs, discarding the lemon, cinnamon stick and cloves. Reserve liquid and set aside.
- Sprinkle roast with salt, ground cinnamon and pepper. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, honey and reserved liquid; brush over pork. Bake 30-60 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°, basting occasionally.
- Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a large saucepan. Add figs. Combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork. Yield: 16 servings (6-1/4 cups sauce).
Originally published as Roasted Pork Loin with Fig Sauce in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p81
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Roasted Pork Loin with Fig Sauce(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >