Roasted Pepper Ravioli Bake Recipe
- 2 each medium green, sweet red and yellow peppers
- 1 package (25 ounces) frozen cheese ravioli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- 4 ounces sliced part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place peppers on a broiler pan. Broil 4 in. from the heat until skins blister, about 6-8 minutes. With tongs, rotate peppers a quarter turn. Broil and rotate until all sides are blistered and blackened. Immediately place peppers in a bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook ravioli according to package directions; drain. Peel off and discard charred skin from peppers. Remove stems and seeds. Finely chop peppers; drain. In a large bowl, combine the peppers, oil, sugar and salt.
- Spread 1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with ravioli, pepper mixture and cheese. Top with remaining spaghetti sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Roasted Pepper Ravioli Bake(4)
Sort By :
This was excellent!! I didn't use as many peppers as the recipe called for and just cut them bite-sized. Even my picky eaters went back for more!!
I make this quite often. My husband and I are on Weight Watchers and this recipe works well. I have also used jars roasted peppers and it tastes the same.
The recipe was very bland and broiling the peppers was very time consuming. It lacked any flavor besides the spaghetti sauce. Nothing special and will not make again.
Though this recipe is somewhat time-consuming, it is well worth the work. To save money, I cut the amount of peppers to one each (they were large peppers thankfully). I also eliminated the oil, sugar and salt. And used a 26 oz can of Del Monte Garlic & Herb Chunky spaghetti sauce. I will definitely cook this recipe again.
More Recipe Collections
- Baking Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >