I serve this casserole with a green salad and homemade Italian herb bread. The cheesy dish always receives compliments and requests for the recipe. -Carol Poindexter of Norridge, Illinois
- 2 each medium green, sweet red and yellow peppers
- 1 package (25 ounces) frozen cheese ravioli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- 4 ounces sliced part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place peppers on a broiler pan. Broil 4 in. from the heat until skins blister, about 6-8 minutes. With tongs, rotate peppers a quarter turn. Broil and rotate until all sides are blistered and blackened. Immediately place peppers in a bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook ravioli according to package directions; drain. Peel off and discard charred skin from peppers. Remove stems and seeds. Finely chop peppers; drain. In a large bowl, combine the peppers, oil, sugar and salt.
- Spread 1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with ravioli, pepper mixture and cheese. Top with remaining spaghetti sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Pepper Ravioli Bake in Light & Tasty August/September 2005, p35
Reviews for Roasted Pepper Ravioli Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review