Roasted Pepper, Bacon & Egg Muffins Recipe
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped sweet onion
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 4 egg whites
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 center-cut bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 whole wheat English muffins, split and toasted
- Remove and discard seeds from pepper half. Place cut side down on a baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat until the skin blisters, about 6 minutes. Immediately place pepper half in a small bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes. Peel off and discard charred skin; chop pepper.
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites, eggs, milk, and pepper. Pour into the pan. Add bacon and chopped pepper; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set.
- Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Spoon onto English muffins. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Roasted Pepper, Bacon & Egg Muffins(4)
Sort By :
Not easy and quick, takes about 30 min to prepare. Very bland tasting.
Why not think a head, cut up some extra onions and peppers, cook extra bacon for this and or salads....Not so bad! i added extra seasoning but delicious! Be creative!
Good cookin' takes time & prep. The skin can be left on & you just saute...or do up lots of peppers & keep on hand,like I do. Delicious!
For the time it takes to prepare this (dish for two???) .. a total (but tastie) waste of time.
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >