Rhubarb Custard Cake Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Whipped cream and fresh mint, optional
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with rhubarb and sugar. Slowly pour cream over top.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with whipped cream and mint if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Rhubarb Custard Cake
Sort By :
"I really love rhubarb and even though you used a cake mix for this it will not even slow me down I will stir up a cake from scratch and try this one. We have another rhubarb cobbler we make a lot of so we have many frozen packages of four cups of rhubarb in our freezer."
"The original recipe called for an 18.25 ounce cake mix so I added extra flour (about 5-6 Tbls) to keep consistency with current smaller weight packaging. It turned out just like the picture, and every bit as tasty. This cake will certainly be making repeat appearances at our table."
"Used the liquid drained off my frozen rhubarb for the water in the cake mix for extra flavor, yummy!"
"My family absolutely raved about this as they love rhubarb & its soooo easy!! I sprinkled a mixture of cinnamon & sugar over the top half way through baking..Yummy"
"We love rhubarb and always make a pie with the first picking. Wanted to try something different. Searched "Taste of Home" for a recipe and this popped up. Delicious and oh so easy to make. This will be made again and again as long as the rhubarb holds out. Hmmm, wonder what it would be like with strawberries?"