Rhubarb Cherry Pie Recipe
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 can (16 ounces) pitted tart red cherries, drained
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 4 to 5 drops red food coloring, optional
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients; let stand for 15 minutes. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; add filling. Top with a lattice crust; flute the edges.
- Bake at 400° for 40-50 minutes or until the crust is golden and filling is bubbling. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Rhubarb Cherry Pie
Sort By :
love the tang rhubarb and cherry. this is a wonderful pie and i would make it again and again. i think that i would freeze some rhubarb to make this pie in the winter.
This is an amazing pie! Seriously, I would not change a thing about it. It is so easy to prepare and the results are absolutely delish!