- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size), divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Cream cheese frosting or vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup cake mix and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Add walnuts; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the sour cream, eggs, flour and remaining cake mix; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Fold in rhubarb and strawberries. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- If desired, drizzle with frosting or serve with ice cream. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Rhubarb Berry Coffee Cake
"Last reviewer - 2 cups all purpose flour, 1-1/2 cups sugar, 1 tbsp baking powder, 1/2 cup powdered milk. This recipe sounds really good and I have lots of rhubarb, so i'll be trying this."
"I really hate to used cake mixes....does anyone know how to make this from scratch? We LOVE rhubarb and strawberries, so I'm dying try this recipe!"
"This will be a keeper recipe. I used a lemon cake mix like one of the other reviews and it was delicious. Give it a try!"
"Served with Cool Whip. Very good recipe. Others asking for it."
"Excellent coffee cake. I added some cinnamon to the topping, yummy."