Rhubarb Berry Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size), divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Cream cheese frosting or vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup cake mix and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Add walnuts; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the sour cream, eggs, flour and remaining cake mix; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Fold in rhubarb and strawberries. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- If desired, drizzle with frosting or serve with ice cream. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Rhubarb Berry Coffee Cake
Sort By :
"Excellent coffee cake. I added some cinnamon to the topping, yummy."
"Delicious and relatively easy to make. I agree with the submitter that although the frosting would be a pretty finishing touch, it is not necessary and would make an already very sweet cake too sweet."
"This is wonderful! I only had a lemon cake mix, so I used that and it was delicious. My husband wouldn't even let me get the frosting on it before eating several helpings!"
"Loved how easy and delicious this was for the first rhubarb of the season!"