Red Flannel Hash Recipe
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) sliced beets, drained and chopped
- 2 cups chopped cooked corned beef
- 2-1/2 cups diced cooked potatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Heat the oil in a 12-in. skillet. Add all remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over low heat for 20 minutes or until lightly browned and heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Red Flannel Hash(3)
Sort By :
We love this hash and have made for more years than I care to remember. 1st found this in a frugal gourmet cooks American book. The only change I make is adding a pinch of thyme. Will be making this for breakfast tomorrow from today's baked corned beef :-)
excellent!! Used left over corn beef from our dinner, this was great because then you also get the flavor from all those seasonings as well. We didn't add the beets, but plan to make it that way as well.
I eliminated the beets (not in agreement with my taste buds ! ) and added a bit more potatoes. I also used canned corned beef. I had to cut the recipe in half for the 2 of us. I was very pleased with the flavor and will make it again. Since corned beef has it's own flavor, I wonder how this would taste with ground beef or left over pot roast?
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >