- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 pound turkey pastrami, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup canned diced beets, well drained
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, combine cream, hot sauce, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add potatoes, pastrami and beets; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Stir in half-and-half mixture; heat through. Remove from heat.
- Heat a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Break eggs, 1 at a time, into pan; reduce heat to low. Cook until desired doneness, turning after whites are set if desired. Serve with hash; sprinkle with parsley.
1 serving: 307 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 247mg cholesterol, 1010mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.