- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Ice cream of your choice
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and tapioca. Add one package of raspberries; stir to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the water, cinnamon stick, salt and nutmeg. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Add lemon juice and butter; stir until butter is melted. Cool for 20 minutes.
- Discard cinnamon stick. Gently stir in remaining raspberries. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Raspberry Sauce in Taste of Home June/July 2008, p11
Reviews for Raspberry Topping
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2015
"This is really good served over vanilla ice cream with fresh raspberries on top."