I remember my grandmother Voltie and great aunt Ophelia making this Southern-style pie for Thanksgiving. It was always one of the many cakes and pies lined up for dessert. —Angie Price, Bradford, TN
Recommended: Fall Cookies
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Pour boiling water over raisins in a small bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Drain. In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, melted butter, vinegar, vanilla and spices until blended. Stir in pecans and drained raisins. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake on a lower oven rack 35-40 minutes or until filling is set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Raisin Pecan Pie in Taste of Home November 2015, p66
Reviews for Raisin Pecan Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review