- 3-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup steel-cut oats
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until liquid is absorbed. Spoon oatmeal into bowls; sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Raisin Nut Oatmeal
Sort By :
"Love it! My husband's favorite breakfast. I put in frig and he helps himself when ready to eat."
"This is soooo good! I made it for company prior to Thanksgiving, they all loved it. Very good."
"I will cut this recipe in half and put it in my little crockpot and perhaps shorten the time a bit."
"I'd love to try this. What are the chances of cutting the recipe in half, has anyone tried it with success? Editing to add....I tried it for breakfast this morning and I have to tell you this is delicious! My BIL was here from out of town and only last night did I find out he's not a big 'oatmeal fan'....gulp. But I went ahead with it anyway. My first comment was, 'it tastes like an oatmeal/raisin cookie' and I got agreement from both DH and BIL. I stuck to the recipe exactly (no need to half it) and I will also concur that (at least for my slow cooker) 7 hours was perfect. Great recipe...thanks! :)"
"I tied this and it didn't turn out too good but I'm going to try it again and tweak the amount of oatmeal and liquid. I think it just cooks too long for my cooker, so maybe I just don't need to cook it as long either. I loved the idea of waking up to breakfast being done."