Rainbow Fruit Salad Recipe
To entice her children to eat fruit when they were young, Jonnie Adams Sisler often "disguised" it in this easy-to-prepare salad. "I still make it today—and I'm a great-grandmother," she pens from Stevensville, Montana. "The salad goes well with barbecued meats or cold sandwiches.
- 2 large firm bananas, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups seeded cubed watermelon
- 2 cups fresh or canned pineapple chunks
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Toss bananas and lemon juice; place in a 4-qt. glass serving bowl. Add remaining fruit in layers.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add sugar, lime juice and peel. Stir in a small amount of whipped cream; mix well. Fold in remaining whipped cream. Spread over fruit. Chill until serving. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Rainbow Fruit Salad in Country Woman July/August 1996, p12
Reviews for Rainbow Fruit Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review