Quinoa Wilted Spinach Salad Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach, torn
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, toasted
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from the heat; fluff with a fork.
- In a large bowl, combine the warm quinoa, spinach and cranberries. For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the oil, orange juice, vinegar, maple syrup, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir in onion. Pour over quinoa mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Quinoa Wilted Spinach Salad(16)
Sort By :
Excellent salad! Was out of red wine vinegar so had to use apple cider vinegar instead and it tasted great. Also used finely chopped sweet onion instead of green onion. Next time I think I'll try it with grilled chicken.
Great salad. I cut the quinoa in half as someone suggested (and because I'm still trying to break my husband in to quinoa) and substituted diced sweet onion for the green onion, added diced cucumber and diced strawberries. Big hit, thinking about adding apples next time. Definitely will make again.
Not a fan of the quinoa, might leave it out next time.
This salad was very good; something different! I recommend using only 1/2 the recommended amount of Quinoa.
First time I used quinoa -- and I'm so pleased it was for this delicious recipe!
More Recipe Collections
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Cranberry Salad Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Salads >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >
- Salads >