Quicker Blueberry French Toast Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, divided
- 2 tablespoons blueberry preserves
- 16 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Beat the cream cheese, 2 tablespoons syrup and preserves in a small bowl. Spread over eight slices of bread; top with remaining bread.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, flour, vanilla, salt and remaining syrup in a shallow bowl. Dip both sides of sandwiches into egg mixture. Cook on a greased hot griddle until golden brown on both sides.
- Combine the sugar, water and cornstarch until smooth in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until thickened. Stir in blueberries; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until berries burst. Remove from heat; stir in butter. Serve with French toast. Yield: 8 servings (1-3/4 cups sauce).
Reviews for Quicker Blueberry French Toast (5)
Sort By :
Fabulous, special occasion breakfast! I cut the amount of the cream cheese and maple syrup for the filling in half, as the recipe makes much more filling than needed, and spread the bread with the preserves, so I probably used more than 2 Tablespoons, everything else was according to the recipe. A very special treat...delicious!
Made this for Mothers Day. Had 3 mothers for breakfast and they all were throughly delighted.
By the way...switched out the blueberries for strawberries and it worked just as well!
I made this for mothers day and she absolutely loved it!!! It was quick and very easy! Tasted sooo delicious. The whole family loved it!
I served this for a men's breakfast with sausage,eggs, and hash browns. They loved it and it was quick and easy to fix. Needless to say there was very little left.
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- French Toast Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >