- 1 cup peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 pounds chicken wings
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place preserves, brown sugar, garlic and salt in a food processor; process until blended. Transfer to a small saucepan. Add vinegar and bourbon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 4-6 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into preserve mixture. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reserve 1/2 cup sauce for serving.
- Using a sharp knife, cut through the two wing joints; discard wing tips. Place remaining wing pieces in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 30-35 minutes or until juices run clear, turning every 10 minutes and brushing with remaining sauce. Increase oven setting to broil.
- Broil 4-6 in. from heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forQuentin’s Peach-Bourbon Wings
"Nice flavor. Definitely needed the reserved sauce. I would probably add a little extra spice next time."
"These were fantastic! I added a lot of coarsely fresh ground pepper while basting with the delicious sauce, and I think that was a great addition. I will definitely make these again."
"These were pretty good. We would have liked a little more spice to them. If I make them again I will add something more to them. They were easy to make and did not take a lot to do them."