Pumpkin Oat Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the egg, pumpkin, milk and oil; add to the dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in oats and raisins.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and pie spice; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle 1 rounded teaspoonful over each muffin. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Pumpkin Oat Muffins(26)
Sort By :
These Pumpkin Oat Muffins are my family and my daughters friends favorite. It took me several Pumpkin Muffins to find the perfect one. I make these all year round. I can't keep them on the plate!
I made this without raisins and it was great!
Instead of the oil I used unsweetened applesauce. It made the muffins a little healthier.
I was looking for something without so much flour... and these are a great choice. Not too sweet (I'm not a "sweet muffin" fan) but also not at all bland. I'm not a fan of raisins so I put in choc chips for my son... he can't eat enough of 'em! I would highly recommend doubling it... made 19 good muffins.
Very yummy...but the dozen muffins this recipe supposedly makes came out pretty small. I agree with an early reviewer who suggested doubling it to make 18. I used whole wheat flour and Splenda Brown Sugar Blend to make the recipe even healthier.