- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the egg, pumpkin, milk and oil; add to the dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in oats and raisins.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and pie spice; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle 1 rounded teaspoonful over each muffin. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Pumpkin Oat Muffins
"Glad I doubled the recipe. Everyone enjoyed these moist, tender and delicious muffins. They are great for breakfast or snack. Definitely I will make this again soon for family gathering."
"So very good. I changed the raisins to currants an added nuts. Perfect with coffee for breakfast."
"These Pumpkin Oat Muffins are my family and my daughters friends favorite. It took me several Pumpkin Muffins to find the perfect one. I make these all year round. I can't keep them on the plate!"
"I made this without raisins and it was great!"
"Instead of the oil I used unsweetened applesauce. It made the muffins a little healthier."