Pumpkin Oat Bran Muffins Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups oat bran
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the egg whites, pumpkin, milk and oil until well blended. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill half full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 9 muffins.
Reviews for Pumpkin Oat Bran Muffins(12)
Sort By :
I love this recipe but I made a few changes. I substituted whole wheat for white flour and I only used 1/2 the amount of sugar. I also added about 1/4 cup of chopped pecans and 1/4 cup of raisins. They were fabulous! Then I made another change the next time I used this recipe. I substituted 1 cup of mashed bananas for the pumpkin and I didn't add raisins or the pumpkin pie spice. My husband loved them! :)
Just finished eating a muffin! Really like these. I did change it a little as I try to avoid oils. I used 1/8 cup of unsweetened applesauce instead of the oil and also used 1/4 cup coconut flour along with 1/4 cup white flour. Will make again and again!
This recipe was only so-so, not amazing, but I did make some adjustments that might have sabotaged the outcome. I didn't have oat bran, so I just put some oats in the food processor and made oat flour. I also used coconut oil in place of the canola. I added dried apples and some chopped walnuts. I will keep the recipe to make again, though, because it's nice to find really healthy muffin recipes that don't have too much sugar and oil.
Love them. I've made them 3 or 4 times now. My husband and toddler like them also. :)
These are moist, this recipe also made 12 muffins for me as well. I doubled the pumpkin pie spice and added a pinch of cinnamon, but I am a huge spice fan!!