Pumpkin Bisque with Smoked Gouda Recipe
- 4 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (29 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded Gouda cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Additional shredded Gouda cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Saute onion in drippings until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the broth, pumpkin, salt, nutmeg and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Cool slightly.
- In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. Return all to pan. Stir in cream; heat through. Add cheese; stir until melted. Sprinkle each serving with parsley, bacon and additional cheese if desired. Yield: 9 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Reviews for Pumpkin Bisque with Smoked Gouda(19)
Sort By :
This has been past of our Thanksgiving tradition for 3 years now. The family loves it!
I too added a little something as there was not quite enough flavor. 1/4 tsp pumpkin spice. It was great.
I wish I'd had the smoked gouda. That's the only reason I gave this 4 stars. I had gorgonzola and liquid smoke. It's just not the same but still rich and creamy!
Delicious! I was looking for a "snooty soup" to bring to a party. It was a huge hit. Several asked for the recipe. I followed it pretty closely.
It had too much of a pumpkin flavor for me. I added more chicken broth and liked it better.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Bisque Soup Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Soup Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Pumpkin Recipes >
- Pumpkin Soup >