Gouda Mixed Potato Mash
Everything's better with cheese, right? This cheesy two-potato mash is no exception. If you cube the cheese, you’ll discover delicious pockets of melted cheese throughout the dish. —Shelby Goddard, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
Makes12 servings (2/3 cup each)
- 6 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup shredded Gouda cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place Yukon Gold and sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain; return to pan.
- Mash potatoes, gradually adding milk. Stir in cheese, paprika, salt and pepper.
Originally published as BASED ON: Golden Sweet Mashed Potatoes in Simple & Delicious October/November 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.