Smoked Gouda Veggie Melt
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place mushrooms, broccoli, pepper and onion in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Roast 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, place bread slices on a baking sheet. Mix mayonnaise and garlic; spread over bread.
- Change oven setting to broil. Spoon vegetables over bread slices; sprinkle with cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts2 open-faced sandwiches: 523 calories, 37g fat (9g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 695mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein.
Aug 4, 2017
Sep 10, 2015
Very good! Substituted creamy avocado for the mayo and they were gone in no time.
Jan 20, 2015
Made for Football Sunday- Not a single one was left! Everyone loved it- even my picky 5 year old loved it! I Will definitely make this AGAIN and AGAIN! This recipe is a keeper!
Feb 19, 2014
Good also with shredded mozzarella cheese instead of gouda or with whole wheat rolls instead of Italian bread.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.