Grilled cheese is a go-to meal in our family for an after-school snack, quick lunch, and even a fun treat on ski trips. These sandwiches are just a grown-up version of something we all love. —Cherylin Birkholz, Marysville, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 slices seeded whole grain bread
- 4 tablespoons butter, sottened, divided
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 large apple, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces smoked Gouda cheese, sliced
- Arrange bread on a baking sheet; spread tops with half of the butter. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Turn bread over; spread tops with remaining butter. Layer with the mozzarella cheese, apple slices and Gouda cheese. Broil 3-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 open-face sandwich: 332 calories, 22g fat (14g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 453mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.