Pull-Apart Bacon Bread Recipe
- 12 bacon strips, diced
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) ranch salad dressing mix
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat for 5 minutes or until partially cooked; drain on paper towels. Roll out dough to 1/2-in. thickness; brush with 1 tablespoon of oil. Cut into 1-in. pieces; place in a large bowl. Add the bacon, cheese, dressing mix and remaining oil; toss to coat.
- Arrange pieces in a 9-in. x 5-in. oval on a greased baking sheet, layering as needed. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes or until doubled.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Cover with foil; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Pull-Apart Bacon Bread
Sort By :
Found this recipe in my new "Fast Fixes with Mixes" TOH cookbook I just bought. I thought the bread had a ton of flavor but a bit too salty for me. I will make this recipe again because who doesn't like bacon! But I will not use the whole pack of ranch dressing and I may try adding more cheese to make it more cheesy. It was a bit dry. Was very easy to prepare and goes well with soup!
Tried this recipe for the first time this morning and my family loved it, I make a pull apart bread for the holidays using the frozen rolls and I always have left over rolls that I don't know what to do with, and I always end up throwing them away, this recipe is a good way to use up the left over rolls. It took longer for it to rise the the recipe stated but I solved that problem by following the quick rise instructions on the package, the next time I make it though I think I will make it up before I go to bed and leave it in the oven to rise and bake it when I get up like I do when I make my other pull apart bread recipe.
I forgot to say that I am always running behind, so I was looking for shortcuts one holiday. I decided to try the pre-cooked bacon bits you can buy now...and they work great! :)
I have made this recipe for years. I found it in one of your magazines and fixed it for a family event. Everyone loves it and they request it every holiday!
A must try!