Pronto Taco Soup Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups picante sauce
- 1 cup uncooked spiral or small shell pasta
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Shredded cheddar cheese and tortilla chips
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion and garlic until meat is not longer pink; drain. Add the broth, tomatoes, picante sauce, pasta, green pepper, chili powder and parsley. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until pasta is tender. Garnish with cheese and tortilla chips. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Pronto Taco Soup
Sort By :
I love this recipe..I add 21/2 cups of pasta for a goulash -like dish instead of soup..I have to make for family members per their request.
Supper Yummy! So easy to make. I often double for bigger groups. I like throwing black beans in--gives more color and nutrition. This is my son's favorite soup.
This is my husband and my favorite soup. It is delicious!! As a matter of fact, we are having that tonight. We break up the bite size tortilla chips and top it with them and cheese. The tortilla chips really add a special flavor to it. Love this soup!!!
My husband and son love this soup. It's great because you can make it as spicy as you like. To add some nutrition to my son's diet, I also throw in a can of beans. He doesn't even realize they're in there.
Very good soup. Add some Tabasco and sour cream to really top it off.