- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, optional
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Large corn chips
- In a saucepan, combine the beans, cheese, butter if desired, onion, garlic, chili powder and hot pepper sauce. Cook over low heat until cheese is melted and dip is heated through. Serve with corn chips. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
Originally published as Prairie Fire Dip in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p11
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Prairie Fire Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 6, 2010
I love this dip! So did my family and friends at a get together! I upped the heat a little with a few more splashes of hot pepper sauce. I'm making this again today!
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Dip Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Mexican Appetizers >
- Mexican Dip >