Lake Charles Dip
Italian salad dressing mix gives this simply delicious dip its wonderful flavor. Serve it with fresh veggies or crackers for an easy appetizer.—ScottsGrace, Taste of Home Online Community
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/3 cup finely chopped avocado
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped seeded tomato
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise and dressing mix. Toss avocado with lemon juice; stir into sour cream mixture. Stir in tomato. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 111 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 216mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Lake Charles Dip in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.