Campers Favorite Dip
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 thinly sliced green onions, optional
- Tortilla chip scoops
- Prepare campfire or grill for medium-low heat. Spread cream cheese in the bottom of a 9-in. disposable foil pie pan. Top with chili; sprinkle with cheese.
- Place pan on a grill grate over a campfire or on grill until cheese is melted, 5-8 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with green onion. Serve with corn chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 250 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 403mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 23, 2018
This looks delicious and I can imagine how it could be heated up in a pie tin at a camp site, but TOH didn't catch the error in the directions. The recipe suggests that the pie pan be placed in the microwave. Readers: DO NOT PLACE A PIE TIN IN THE MICROWAVE! The recipe was probably written assuming it was in a Pyrex dish to be used at home. At the camp site, I might double wrap the tin in foil and set the pan on the outer perimeter of a campfire, turning it occasionally for 15-20 minutes until cheese melts and dip is heated..