Campers Favorite Dip
Our family craves this cheesy chili dip so much we make two batches, especially for the guys. If you’re not grilling out, bake it in the oven. —Valorie Ebie, Bel Aire, Kansas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 thinly sliced green onions, optional
- Tortilla chip scoops
- Prepare campfire or grill for medium-low heat. Spread cream cheese in the bottom of a 9-in. disposable foil pie pan. Top with chili; sprinkle with cheese.
- Place pan on a grill grate over a campfire or on grill until cheese is melted, 5-8 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with green onion. Serve with chips.
Microwave directions: Spread the cream cheese in the bottom of a 9-in. pie plate. Top with chili; sprinkle with cheese. Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is mostly melted. Let stand in microwave 2 minutes before serving. Serve with corn chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 250 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 403mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Men's Favorite Dip in Taste of Home June/July 2016