- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup sweet pickle relish
- 3/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, celery, onion and relish. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, celery seed and pepper. Pour over potato mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Top with eggs and sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forPotato Salad
"This was a great. I didn't have sweet relish so added dill relish and a teaspoon of horseradish. I also mixed in the eggs. Even those who don't care for potato salad raved about it."
"Didn't like the pickle relish in it; otherwise, it was OK"
"Even my husband liked this potato salad and he is very picky."
"The way my mom always made it with the exception of twice as many boiled eggs and dill relish. Made it tonight her way and it was fabulous. Thanks for reminding me that Southern is the best Potato salad!"
"This is the same recipe I have used for years. Got it from my Mom. Love it!"
"Love the basic principal of the recipe. I omitted the pickle relish and egg. In place of mayo I used greek yogurt with 2T sour cream. I also added a touch of cayenne pepper and sea salt. Overall this is a tasty recipe and fun to place with."
"Very tasty! My husband even enjoyed it and his picky about his potato salad."
"I have been trying to cut back on fat/calories but missed some of my classic recipes. I was so excited when I found this recipe. This is even better than the "regular" version I had been making and you DO NOT miss the fat/calories. This is now my favorite recipe for potato salad."