- 3 pounds red potatoes (about 12 medium)
- 4 hard-cooked eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 11 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- Cut potatoes into 1/2-in. cubes; place in a large Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool to room temperature.
- Cut eggs in half; chop egg whites and set aside. In a small bowl, mash egg yolks. Stir in the sour cream, mayonnaise, salt, mustard, garlic powder and pepper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, bacon, egg whites, celery, onions and Italian dressing. Fold in mayonnaise mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Potato Salad with Bacon
Sort By :
Every time I make this my guest begin the meal with who is getting the leftovers. My best friends' husband doesn't care for Potato Salad but when I brought this one it quickly became his favorite and he asks for it each time we get together. The time it takes to make this is well worth it.
I have been looking for a great potato salad with awesome flavor and I think this one is it. I used fat free sour cream and turkey bacon to lighten it a bit and it still was wonderful. Great recipe!
Great salad! I make this salad, using fresh garlic & yogurt instead of mayo. Always enjoyed by family and friends.
Wonderful flavor!! Everyone who tried this wanted another helping. This has been added to my "keeper" recipe box.
Excellent salad! However, I prepare it w/yogurt instead of sour cream, and fresh garlic and Dijon mustard.