- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 jars (14 ounces each) pizza sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 15 slices pepperoni, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms, green pepper and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the pizza sauce, soup, milk, Italian seasoning, garlic salt and pepper flakes. Stir in the potatoes, pepperoni and beef mixture.
- Transfer half of the meat mixture to a 5-qt slow cooker. Sprinkle with half of the cheese; repeat layers. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Potato Pizza Casserole
Sort By :
"My family loves this I have made it a couple times, they aren't big on peppers or onions so I didn't put them in. I have used sausage instead of beef and I had some left over bacon and ham so I put that in the last time I made it and it worked great."
"My son really loved this! I substituted ground turkey for the ground beef. I forgot it was a crockpot recipe and started making it at dinner time. I put it in a 9X12 greased pan, covered and cooked it ina 350 degree oven for 45 min then uncovered an additional 15 min. It worked out great."
"Just tried this recipe for the first time. It was good. Next time I will use a pound of burger and a pound of sausage as there didn't seem to be enough meat I will also add more pepperoni."
"I wasn't sure how the potatoes would add to this dish but even my picker eater ate this one up. So easy to prepare too!"
"Everyone in my house ate it! In fact there was enough left over to include it in my leftover night! I was told by my family that was a dish they would like to eat again and it was sooo simple to make and clean up was a breeze!"