Here’s a fun, full-flavored meal the whole family will go for. It’s great on weeknights when you all come through the door hungry at the same time. —Tyler Sherman, Williamsburg, Virginia
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 jars (14 ounces each) pizza sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 15 slices pepperoni, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms, green pepper and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the pizza sauce, soup, milk, Italian seasoning, garlic salt and pepper flakes. Stir in the potatoes, pepperoni and beef mixture.
- Transfer half of the meat mixture to a 5-qt slow cooker. Sprinkle with half of the cheese; repeat layers. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Potato Pizza Casserole in Simple & Delicious October/November 2010, p62
Reviews for Potato Pizza Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review