- 3 cups finely shredded peeled potatoes
- 1-1/2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon grated onion
- Applesauce or maple syrup, optional
- In a sieve or colander, drain potatoes, squeezing to remove excess liquid. Pat dry; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in eggs until blended. Add onion and reserved potatoes; toss to coat.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a preheated greased skillet. Fry in batches until lightly browned on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Serve with applesauce or syrup if desired. Yield: 12 (2-inch) pancakes.
Reviews for Potato Pancakes(5)
Sort By :
I didn't peel the potatoes and used the coarse side of the grater because it is faster. They turned out fine.
These reminded me of the potato pancakes my mother used to make when I was a child. Absolutely delicious!
the potato mix kept on getting more and more soupy like
Oh so good! Just like my grandmother used to make.
These pancakes are crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside and very tasty. I'm throwing out my old recipe!
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Side Dishes >