- 1 pound red potatoes, cubed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes or until tender; drain.
- In a large skillet, saute kielbasa and onion in oil until onion is tender. Add potatoes; saute 3-5 minutes longer or until kielbasa and potatoes are lightly browned.
- Combine the brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, thyme and pepper; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Add spinach and bacon; cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Potato Kielbasa Skillet
Sort By :
"The family loved it"
"Another simple easy way to get vegetables into my husband. I have never tried cooking potato cubes in the microwave. I will do it again it was quick and they came out just right. I am going to try cooking them that way to make potato salad."
"This recipe is so easy and delicious. Today I tried it with kale instead of spinach, equally good. I did double the sauce though."
"This was very tasty. The combination of all the flavors was really good. It was also very hearty."
"Great flavor! The sauce made all the difference from the kielbasa recipes I've cooked before. Pretty much followed recipe except sauteed onion with some green pepper in the bacon grease and used a Bavarian seasoning mix rather than thyme. Family loved it!"