- 1 pound red potatoes, cubed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes or until tender; drain.
- In a large skillet, saute kielbasa and onion in oil until onion is tender. Add potatoes; saute 3-5 minutes longer or until kielbasa and potatoes are lightly browned.
- Combine the brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, thyme and pepper; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Add spinach and bacon; cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Potato Kielbasa Skillet
Sort By :
We LOVE this recipe and make it frequently. As a 'go-to' recipe when we are short on time between work and evening meetings. Having passed this recipe along to friends and family, all of which are in agreement that it is a 5-star quick dinner!!
Easy to make & was a big hit!
We really enjoyed this recipe without altering it!
Make this about once a month...It's a family favorite!
We loved this recipe! I also brown the potatoes separately so they're nice and crisp. Forgot the spinach last time but will remember to add it tonight when I make it again. We're really looking forward to having this again and it's great reheated the next day.