- 1 pound red potatoes, cubed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes or until tender; drain.
- In a large skillet, saute kielbasa and onion in oil until onion is tender. Add potatoes; saute 3-5 minutes longer or until kielbasa and potatoes are lightly browned.
- Combine the brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, thyme and pepper; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Add spinach and bacon; cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Potato Kielbasa Skillet
Sort By :
"The flavors were good and it was easy to prepare, but when my husband doesn't like it the rating goes down."
"My husband thought this was horribble"
"This is a great recipe as written! It is also a great recipe to start with and adapt to you families tastes and what you have on hand. I usually add green and red bell peppers for taste and color."
"Tasty but it really doesn't need bacon as the sausage overshadows it."
"Tasty recipe. Next time I will use half the mustard. All other ingredients are fine. The final result was a tasty meal. For a dinner, this recipe will feed three adults. I had it for lunch; four servings were accurate."