Potato Kielbasa Skillet Recipe
- 1 pound red potatoes, cubed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes or until tender; drain.
- In a large skillet, saute kielbasa and onion in oil until onion is tender. Add potatoes; saute 3-5 minutes longer or until kielbasa and potatoes are lightly browned.
- Combine the brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, thyme and pepper; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Add spinach and bacon; cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Potato Kielbasa Skillet(240)
Sort By :
Made this several times, 1 of our favorites.
I am a good cook and always looking for good recipes. This is not a good recipe. Sorry. The end result has good flavor but the finished food is mushy. It is not worthwhile to redo this recipe as it would just become a brand new recipe. Bottom line: Crisp cook the potatoes then add the sauce, then reheat quickly. I would recommend finding another recipe as this one is a fail to me.
My family loved this meal. I did not have any thyme so I replaced it with basil and I omitted the spinach altogether. Turned out perfectly, perfect balance of flavor!
Next time I would add a touch of olive oil to the potatoes and broil them for a few minutes to make them crispy before adding them to the mixture and possibly use a little less kielbasa. Also, I reduced the brown sugar to 1 Tablespoon. Otherwise it was a good recipe, fairly easy to put together, and enjoyed by all.
Loved this recipe will definitely be using it again!!!!