- 1 pound red potatoes, cubed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes or until tender; drain.
- In a large skillet, saute kielbasa and onion in oil until onion is tender. Add potatoes; saute 3-5 minutes longer or until kielbasa and potatoes are lightly browned.
- Combine the brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, thyme and pepper; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Add spinach and bacon; cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Potato Kielbasa Skillet
Sort By :
"Very good and easy. I didn't have cider vinegar so I used red wine vinegar instead. Probably didn't make a difference. I think I'll make more of the sauce next time since it seemed a little skimpy. I also used precooked bacon which saved me the hassle of having to fry some up. Will definitely make again. Good old comfort food."
"My family loves this. the little ones are crazy about the sauce so i just add the sauce last and scoop out the meat potatoes and spinach and everyone is a happy camper."
"Easy weeknight recipe! Love the slightly tangy sauce - it really pulls it all together. I agree that more spinach is a good idea."
"Delicious, easy, fast, inexpensive, and pretty healthy! I add a little salt to the water for the potatoes and add closer to 6 cups of spinach. This recipe is a great way to get my family to eat spinach! This dish has been part of our regular meal rotation for a while now."
"This is so good and easy to prepare! Made it exactly as stated. My family likes extra spinach in recipes so I'll increase the amount next time. I'm also going to double the recipe because it's just that good!"