- 1 pound red potatoes, cubed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes or until tender; drain.
- In a large skillet, saute kielbasa and onion in oil until onion is tender. Add potatoes; saute 3-5 minutes longer or until kielbasa and potatoes are lightly browned.
- Combine the brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, thyme and pepper; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Add spinach and bacon; cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Potato Kielbasa Skillet
"Our family thought it was OK. I won't make it again."
"I was looking for something different to do with kielbasa. I doubled the ingredients and the only change I made was to add a chopped red pepper and omitted the thyme. It was really good. The sauce pulled it all together. I'm definitely going to make this again."
"Very quick and easy."
"This is one of our favorites. We normally omit the bacon and thyme. Skip microwaving the potatoes and just cook them in the skillet first with a little oil or butter (just enough to keep them from sticking) When they are almost done, add kielbasa and onion and proceed per recipe. Also you do need to season the potatoes with a little salt and pepper. I use either spinach, swiss chard, or mustard greens - depending on what I have ready from the garden!We never have leftovers!"
"We liked this. I wasn't sure about this one, but the picture looked good."
"This was so good! It reminded me of German potato salad. I will definitely make this again. My hubby loved it too!"
"Roast the potatoes, after microwaving and draining, in a 425 oven using the bacon fat to crisp and brown, Cook the kielbasa and onions without oil. The fat that renders from the kielbasa is more than sufficient. I also added a little garlic and red pepper flake. Very tasty!"
"Even my 3 year old loved it."