- 1 pound red potatoes, cubed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes or until tender; drain.
- In a large skillet, saute kielbasa and onion in oil until onion is tender. Add potatoes; saute 3-5 minutes longer or until kielbasa and potatoes are lightly browned.
- Combine the brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, thyme and pepper; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Add spinach and bacon; cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Potato Kielbasa Skillet
Sort By :
I liked it, but the boys of my house are traditional meat 'n' potato guys; the vinegary German potato salad taste was not well-liked. I used turkey kielbasa, but if I were to try it again, I would use a spicy sausage. It was a good change-of-pace recipe, but it didn't work with my picky eaters.
Being on a low carb diet potatoes are out for me so I use, beef smoked sausage kielbasa cut into coins ,1 chopped onion, 1 sliced yellow summer squash, 1 sliced zucchini, a chopped carrot, 2 ribs of celery chopped, 1 can cannellini beans drained and rinsed, 1/4 c. frozen peas, 1/4 c. frozen corn and a whole bag of baby spinach. The herbs I use are marjoram, lemon thyme, oregano, chives, and garlic.
Excellent, filling meal that is good for you too, with plenty of left overs that are even better the next day.
I haven't tried it with the bacon, brown sugar, mustard and vinegar. Will have to try that version next time, but I will definitely keep my summer veggies. :)
Fun & easy but messy looking. I changed the spinach to red pepper and carrots, sauteed with the kielbasa. Add a little cheese or hot sauce for extra flavor.
My family loved this recipe! Even my daughter who rarely eats anything twice went back for seconds and had it again the following night! I added shredded mozzarella and it was delicious.