Potato Kielbasa Skillet Recipe
- 1 pound red potatoes, cubed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes or until tender; drain.
- In a large skillet, saute kielbasa and onion in oil until onion is tender. Add potatoes; saute 3-5 minutes longer or until kielbasa and potatoes are lightly browned.
- Combine the brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, thyme and pepper; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Add spinach and bacon; cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Potato Kielbasa Skillet(255)
Sort By :
I thought it was decent, but my family did not like it, they all said it was too sweet. The sausage and spinach flavor didn't stand out enough. While my family did not like it, I want to like it, maybe I will reduce the brown sugar and cider vinegar.
Simple & the whole family enjoyed it.
Made as is. Excellent!! Highly recommend!
I have made this delicious meal several times. My family all likes it. I leave out the bacon. I fix twice the potatoes and double the sauce. Yum!!
I really didn't think I'd like this cause I'm not a fan of sausage of any kind, but I have to say I really did like it! I used turkey sausage instead, since it was 60% less fat. I will be making it again!