- 1 pound red potatoes, cubed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes or until tender; drain.
- In a large skillet, saute kielbasa and onion in oil until onion is tender. Add potatoes; saute 3-5 minutes longer or until kielbasa and potatoes are lightly browned.
- Combine the brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, thyme and pepper; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Add spinach and bacon; cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Potato Kielbasa Skillet
Sort By :
I made this with what I had left in my pantry. It turned out GREAT! I had to change it up a bit, because I didn't have any vinegar, bacon, spinach, or thyme. To compensate, I added green and red bell peppers (which made it fantastic!), about a teaspoon of soy sauce, about a tablespoon of worcestershire sauce, a teaspoon of minced garlic, and some seasoned salt. I know it's a lot of substitutions, but I was missing so much I had to make up for it! lol. It turned out delicious, though! :)
Missing salt in the recipe--I don't think it needs a lot, just a dash. Otherwise, it's a good dish.
I made this for dinner last night. It was really easy but not my favorite dish I've ever made. My husband really liked it but picked out all the spinach because it was a little over done for him. Next time I'll try broccoli like some other people suggested. I think that would be much better, personally.
The tangy, autumny taste was unusual, but good. Will definitely make again. It was so easy!