- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1-3/4 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, flatten pork slices to 1/4-in. thickness. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add pork, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook pork in oil and 2 tablespoons butter in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Set aside and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in remaining butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the cream, brandy, thyme, mustard, salt, pepper and cayenne. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 8 minutes.
- Drain linguine. Stir tomatoes into sauce mixture; add pork and heat through. Serve with linguine and sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pork Medallions with Brandy Cream Sauce
Sort By :
I wish I could say I screwed something up with this recipe that caused it to not turn out as everyone says, but that just wasn't the case. Was not impressed :(
My husband deemed this recipe "company worthy". I agree.
I have made this twice now and my family loves this (in my house, when all of us like something, it's cause for celebration!) I used 1/8 t of cayenne and substituted sherry cooking wine for brandy, with terrific results. Next time I may not reduce the sauce by 1/2 as directed - I felt like there needed to be more sauce.
I made this Awesome recipe and my husband and our friends think I'm the best cook ever! Thanks to you, Tof H. You certainly do it for me, You make me lcook like a pro with all the tried and proven recipes that you publish.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >