- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup plum sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 5 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (12 ounces) broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large skillet, brown chops in oil. Combine the plum sauce, orange juice, soy sauce, garlic, mustard, ginger and pepper; pour over chops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Remove pork chops and keep warm. Set aside 1/2 cup sauce mixture.
- In the same skillet, cook the coleslaw mix, carrot and onions over medium heat until crisp-tender. Serve with pork chops; drizzle with reserved sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Plum-Good Pork Chops
Sort By :
Delicious. My husband, one year old and three year old love it. Served it with rice, peas and zucchini.
My husband isn't a fan of pork chops but he did like these. I also thought they were very good, not your usual tasting pork chop.
This recipe is very delicious but I will make a couple of changes when I make it again. I will double or maybe even triple the sauce. The sauce is rather skimpy and not enough to go around. It was easy to scorch and I had to keep adding more liquid. I added sweet and sour sauce to the sauce I prepared the broccoli coleslaw in. I think when I make it again I will omit the plum sauce and just use sweet and sour sauce. I also added some garlic powder to the coleslaw and served a side dish of fried rice with some of the sauce drizzled over it. All and all it turned out delicious and my husband loved it too. Yes, I definitely will be making this again.
This is one of the best recipes I've made in a long time. Five stars doesn't do it justice. It was wonderful.
nice and moist pork chops and the cole slaw mix was a nice side
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >