Plantain Fritters Recipe
- 2 large ripe plantains or bananas, peeled
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Place plantains in a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Add the flour, onion, salt and pepper; cover and process until blended (batter will be moist).
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1/4 in. of oil to 375°. Drop tablespoonfuls of batter, a few at a time, into hot oil. Cook for 1 minute on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 28 fritters.
Reviews for Plantain Fritters(1)
Sort By :
BEING THAT I'M PUERTO RICAN, I LOVE EATING FRIED PLANTANOS (PLANTAINS.) I THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE INTERESTING TO TRY AND IT WAS. BUT NEXT TIME I WILL ADD 3-4 RIPE PLANTAINS TO THE RECIPE BECAUSE I LOVE THAT FLAVOR AND IT JUST WASN'T ENOUGH FOR ME. I ONLY USED A SMALL PEICE OF AN ONION BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT IT TO OVER POWER AND I WAS PERFECT, IT ADDED A NICE TASTE. SPRINKLED WITH A LITTLE SALT, COMPLIMENTS THE SLIGHTLY SWEET INSIDE. MY KIDS ENJOYED IT TOO!