- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 can (7 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- Canola oil
- In a small bowl, combine the pancake mix, egg and milk just until moistened. Stir in the corn.
- In a cast-iron or electric skillet, heat 1/4 in. oil to 375°. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into oil; press lightly to flatten. Cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side.
2 fritters : 228 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 590mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.