Until I met my husband, an avid hunter, I'd never cooked or eaten pheasant. I tried several different recipes before creating this one using our favorite ingredients. -Joan Mihalko, Elkton, South Dakota
- 2 boneless skinless pheasant breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle pheasant with salt and pepper. In a skillet over medium heat, brown pheasant in oil and butter on both sides, about 6-8 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the onion, garlic, broth, lemon juice, mustard and marjoram; add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until pheasant juices run clear. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pheasant in Mustard Sauce in Taste of Home April/May 1996, p33
Reviews for Pheasant in Mustard Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review