- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks and corn syrup. Gradually beat in flour. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes or until firm enough to roll.
- For filling, in a small saucepan, combine confectioners' sugar, butter and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in pecans. Remove from pan; refrigerate 30 minutes or until cold.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. In a small bowl, whisk egg whites; brush over tops.
- Bake 5 minutes. Remove from oven. Gently press an indentation in center of each cookie with the end of a wooden spoon handle. Fill each with a scant 1/2 teaspoon pecan mixture. Bake 4-5 minutes longer or until edges are light brown.
- Cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Pecan Pie Thumbprints
Sort By :
Made this cookies for a high tea our church puts on. A very good cookie especially with tea. Since I made 240 of them, I made the dough and put it in the refrigerator overnight and also the pecan topping. So each part of the cookie was really cold. I also didn't indent the cookie since the topping was cold and I laid little dabs of them out ready to put on the cookie after the 5 minutes of baking. Very few overflowed. I also double the pecans so each cookie had more pecans and less sugar base. That's why very few overflowed. Everyone loved them!
What a tasty cookie! I didn't use parchment paper on the first tray and I regret that. The filling did ooze a little bit and made it hard to get out of the pan. The next tray went on paper and I had no problems.
Very good and taste like pecan pie. The trick is everything must be kept cold. After rolling them, back into the fridge and on cold cookie sheets each time. Didn't bother with making an indentation for the filling, it had thicken and I just put it on top the cookie and gently pressed it in.
These are adorable little cookies! They taste good too! You have to use more like 1/4 teaspoon of the filling or they will overflow and don't panic some of them will overflow anyway but they still taste good! I forgot to brush them with the egg white but it didn't make a difference. I will be adding this to my holiday baking!
These were far from what I call a cookie. The topping tasted great, but the cookie itself was awful. It tasted too much like flour. Also the topping does not stay on the cookie no matter how much you "imprint" it before hand. The pecans stay on top but the gooey sugary stuff runs off onto the pan and burns. I will not be making these again. I now have a mess to clean up in the kitchen for some cookies that were not worth the time or effort.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Baking Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Desserts >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Finger Foods >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Low Carb Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Low Fat Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Low Sodium Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Nut Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Potluck Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Sweet Finger Food Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dessert Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Desserts >
- Thanksgiving Recipes >
- Thumbprint Cookies >
- Winning Dessert Recipes >
- Winning Healthy Recipes >