Mock Pecan Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cooked pinto beans, mashed
- 1 unbaked pie shell (10 inches)
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
- In a bowl, beat together the sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs. Stir in beans. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm or chilled with whipped cream or ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 396 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 248mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Mar 5, 2013
I loved this recipe. I actually think it is better than real pecan pie. To make it look prettier I added a layer of halved pecans on the top.
Dec 21, 2011
i would if i can find it again it had maple syrup in it. it was perfect
Jul 2, 2009
this fooled even my pickest eater, my uncle. i sprinkled brown sugar coated grapenuts on top at the end of the baking time to give it a crunchy nut texture. i make this every thanksgiving and christmas dinner now. thank you for the recipe.