Mock Pecan Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cooked pinto beans, mashed
- 1 unbaked pie shell (10 inches)
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
- In a bowl, beat together the sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs. Stir in beans. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm or chilled with whipped cream or ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 396 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 248mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 5, 2013
I loved this recipe. I actually think it is better than real pecan pie. To make it look prettier I added a layer of halved pecans on the top.
Dec 21, 2011
i would if i can find it again it had maple syrup in it. it was perfect
Jul 2, 2009
this fooled even my pickest eater, my uncle. i sprinkled brown sugar coated grapenuts on top at the end of the baking time to give it a crunchy nut texture. i make this every thanksgiving and christmas dinner now. thank you for the recipe.