Raspberry Pistachio Thumbprints
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Additional confectioners' sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. Cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Add pistachios; mix well.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Press a deep indentation in center of each with your thumb; fill each with 1/2 teaspoon jam.
- Bake until bottoms are light brown, 13-16 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. If desired, dust with additional confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 97 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 65mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 12, 2019
Nothing fantastic! Pretty, but dry and crumbly. Will not make again.
Mar 4, 2019
Nope, not that great, would not make again. Low taste and a pain to make.
Jan 17, 2019
Wow, what a great cookie! Made as directed for Christmas and they were perfect addition to the other cookies I made. They're sweet little bites and we loved the combination of pistachios and raspberry jam. Baked them around 13 minutes and they turned out great. Definitely will make again!
Jan 11, 2018
Jan 11, 2018
Jan 1, 2018
My husband proudly proclaimed that these were his all time favorite cookie! I made them for Christmas and they quickly disappeared. A week later, I just made my second batch. They were delicious as written, I used a small food processor to chop the pistachios, being careful not to chop them too finely. I used unshelled pistachios (lightly salted) for the first batch and they were great. I used unsalted (in the shell) for the second batch and really should have adjusted the salt in the dough. They were still delicious, but could have used a bit more salt.
Dec 24, 2017
I agree with wdfcdwc! These are very nice. I could only find salted pistachios in the shell, so I shelled them, then rubbed off the crunchy "skin." I used unsalted butter, and the cookies were perfect. I used Simply Fruit for the filling (no added sugar in that brand). I loved these because they aren't too sweet, and the texture is so light and buttery.
Dec 13, 2017
These are very good! I made no modifications other than omitting the salt.
Nov 15, 2017
these cookies look so delicious I must try them for the holidays