Raspberry Pistachio Thumbprints
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Additional confectioners' sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. Cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Add pistachios; mix well.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Press a deep indentation in center of each with your thumb; fill each with 1/2 teaspoon jam.
- Bake until bottoms are light brown, 13-16 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. If desired, dust with additional confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 97 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 65mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Jan 11, 2018
Jan 11, 2018
Jan 1, 2018
My husband proudly proclaimed that these were his all time favorite cookie! I made them for Christmas and they quickly disappeared. A week later, I just made my second batch. They were delicious as written, I used a small food processor to chop the pistachios, being careful not to chop them too finely. I used unshelled pistachios (lightly salted) for the first batch and they were great. I used unsalted (in the shell) for the second batch and really should have adjusted the salt in the dough. They were still delicious, but could have used a bit more salt.
Dec 24, 2017
I agree with wdfcdwc! These are very nice. I could only find salted pistachios in the shell, so I shelled them, then rubbed off the crunchy "skin." I used unsalted butter, and the cookies were perfect. I used Simply Fruit for the filling (no added sugar in that brand). I loved these because they aren't too sweet, and the texture is so light and buttery.
Dec 13, 2017
These are very good! I made no modifications other than omitting the salt.
Nov 15, 2017
these cookies look so delicious I must try them for the holidays
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.