Holiday Thumbprint Cookies
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1-1/2 cups Master Cookie Mix, softened
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 12 red or green candied cherries, halved
- Shape cookie mix into 1-in. balls; roll in egg white, then in pecans. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each ball. Fill with a candied cherry half. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 111 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 58mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Mar 27, 2013
Of the 14 types of cookies I made for Christmas, this was the favorite for many adults. I made the recipe as stated except for the cherry. Instead I spooned a bit of jam in the center. Raspberry and strawberry, both were delicious and moist.
Dec 15, 2012
The cookie is delicious and I will definitely make them again. I changed the candied cherries to raspberry jam and filled the centers before baking. I used parchment paper on the cookie sheet and was careful to not overfill the centers.
Dec 9, 2012
I didn't change a thing & they were very easy to make, as well as appealing & tasty.