Holiday Thumbprint Cookies
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1-1/2 cups Master Cookie Mix, softened
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 12 red or green candied cherries, halved
- Shape cookie mix into 1-in. balls; roll in egg white, then in pecans. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each ball. Fill with a candied cherry half. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 111 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 58mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 27, 2013
Of the 14 types of cookies I made for Christmas, this was the favorite for many adults. I made the recipe as stated except for the cherry. Instead I spooned a bit of jam in the center. Raspberry and strawberry, both were delicious and moist.
Dec 15, 2012
The cookie is delicious and I will definitely make them again. I changed the candied cherries to raspberry jam and filled the centers before baking. I used parchment paper on the cookie sheet and was careful to not overfill the centers.
Dec 9, 2012
I didn't change a thing & they were very easy to make, as well as appealing & tasty.