Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each ball.
- Combine filling ingredients; spoon about 1 teaspoonful into each cookie. Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 211 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 132mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 19, 2014
These are delicious cookies. Everyone loves them!
Sep 18, 2013
The filling is good, and would go well on pie, sticky buns or other places where a nutty glaze would be nice. The cookie tastes like baking soda, is a bit dry, and not very flavorful. It did bake nicely, it's just not very tasty.
Dec 3, 2012
I just made these last night with my family, easy and delicious!!!
Jul 23, 2012
The receipe was easy to make i used a mini muffin pan and made an indent in them and filled it with the walnut filling . Simply delicious......
Dec 17, 2011
Love the recipe, but it only made 18 cookies for me and I was able to use the filling for two batches of cookies.
Aug 8, 2011
GOOD WALNUT LOVERS
Dec 6, 2010
Made this recipe ever since I first saw it in Taste of Home years ago. Love it. Looks great, too. Everyone loves it.
Dec 31, 2007
This has been one of my family cookies and I have made it for a number of years also.