No-Bake Chocolate Hazelnut Thumbprints
Years ago, a friend gave me a recipe for chocolate peanut treats that didn't require baking. I thought it was a quick and clever way to whip up a batch of sweet snacks without heating up the kitchen, and I started making different variations. This one includes luscious Nutella and crunchy hazelnuts. Yum! —Lisa Speer, Palm Beach, Florida
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable cream cheese
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 2-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup finely chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1 cup whole hazelnuts, toasted
- Beat cream cheese, melted chocolate chips and Nutella until blended. Stir in cracker crumbs. Refrigerate until firm enough to roll, about 30 minutes.
- Shape mixture into 1-in. balls; roll in chopped hazelnuts. Make an indentation in the center of each with the end of a wooden spoon handle. Fill with a hazelnut. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Test Kitchen Tips